NOW HIRING for seasonal tour guide positions- see job description below. For permanent and hatchery employement, visit DIPAC's website.
TOUR GUIDE POSITION:
We are now accepting applications for the 2015 tourism season (May-September). We are looking for customer service oriented people with public speaking experience who work well in a team environment. The tour guide position is fast-paced and requires a person able to multi-task and easily move from one task to another as needed. Interest and knowledge of marine life and fisheries are a plus.
This department hires under 18 years of age.
Tasks and responsiblities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing educational commentaries to large groups of people
- One-on-One tours of hatchery facilities
- Conversing with a wide-range of guests, answering questions, and providing facts
- Retail sales, cash register operation, and money handling
- Stocking merchandise
- Cleaning visitor center, aquariums, and gift shop
- Mail orders
- Providing guests with salmon samples